What does this mean in practice?
- Orebody assessment is time-consuming and complex. But it is crucial for the team to make an informed decision concerning what tech should be used to develop an asset;
- Depending on the initial analysis, it may be that STARK's tech is not suitable and traditional methods are the best way forward. It's important to accept when to keep a plant as it is; and
- STARK will only proceed where there is a clear, measurable economic benefit to the client.
Our clients and partners say
We acquired an updated stand-alone XRT plant and within a very short space of time recovered the 91O ct D-colour Lesotho Legend diamond at Letšeng. This must surely rank as one of the best ROIs that has ever been seen!
Chief Executive Officer
Stark has enhanced and vastly improved our XRT sensor-based sorting and tracer testing for primary diamond recovery with bench scale test work, field testing and the full scale implementation of automatic, remote RFID tracer systems. This innovative approach provides further process assurance in real time.
Vice President Technical Services
It’s rare to find like-minded companies that truly focus on adding value to clients. From the outset, it was effortless to work with Geoffrey and his team. We're excited to support STARK as a strategic test work partner in Southern Africa and to see the additional value that can be delivered from a hybrid ore sorting and DMS approach.
Fully integrate ore sorting into your mineral processing and mining flow sheets
This includes matching the optimal recovery solution to the deposit, and integrating the sorter including construction, to ensure optimal recovery is achieved as envisioned during asset test work. We build plants and optimisation strategies around the geology of the deposit.
An approach that is rooted in
Let's pinpoint avenues for optimal value generation. By using existing resource and mining models (including geotechnical and geochemical models), we can integrate ore body characterisation with mineral processing parameters to project the best recovery and extraction potential.
These evaluations focus on:
- Optimal flowsheets
- Material mineral liberation
- The ideal particle sizes for crushing and sorting
- Performance testing
- Metallurgical considerations
Tailored recovery solutions
The company's advisory team leverages a comprehensive gap analysis - encompassing geology, geotechnical engineering, mine planning and engineering, metallurgy, metallurgical test work, ore sorting tests, and mineral processing designs.
Let's optimise all operations by checking for:
- Ore characteristics and mineralogy
- Correct feed size
- Preparation and feed rates
- Sensor calibration
- Conveyor speed and tonnage
- Washing of the ore
- Optimal calibration and sensor setup
- Belt occupancy with feed presentation to prevent masking effects
We are always at your service.
Pr.Sci.Nat / MSc Engineering Management
MINERAL RESOURCE MANAGER
+27 60 997 3337